Breakthrough Basketball provides skill development camps across the country for Kindergarten through 12th grade boys & girls. Skill levels, grade, and genders are separated.
Ball Handling and Scoring Skills Camp is for players in grades 3rd – 8th.
What will players get out of the camp?
You will improve your shooting, ball handling, passing, athleticism footwork, decision-making, and 1 on 1 moves to take your game to the next level.
You will learn:
• Explosive dribble moves that make you hard to guard.
• Highly effective scoring moves that work at any level.
• Game like shooting drills to drive up your shooting percentage.
• How to create 2-3 feet of separation from any defender for better scoring opportunities.
• The best hand-eye coordination and ball handling drills that will accelerate your feel for the basketball. These drills will make dribbling during game situations feel easy.
• How to develop an explosive first step. The secrets behind the proper shin angle, head position, shoulder position, and hip position.
• Critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
• How the top pros create advantages which allow them to make plays for themselves and their teammates.
• The most efficient scoring moves around the basket that helps you finish against any defender.
Here are some of the topics covered throughout the camp:
• Stationary ball handling routine that improves rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
• Live ball moves to help you blow by the defense at will. You will learn how to shift (or setup) the defender with your body and feet.
• Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
• How to stay in attack mode, dictate the tempo, and control the defense.
• How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
• A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
• Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
• How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
• Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers, finish over larger players in the paint, and make more shots.
• How to finish through contact.
• 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way.
• How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
• Attacking down screens, back screens, and more.
• How to score and make plays using ball screens. Learn how to run defenders into screens and make lightning quick decisions.
• How to use dribble hand off actions to attack the defense and put them in a constant disadvantage.
• How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
• Utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
• Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills that make players like Chris Paul one of the best playmakers in the game.
• Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
• How to be strong and pass out of double teams and traps.
Click through to our website to read much more about what the athletes will experience in this camp!